Monday, February 27, 2006

The Wanderer



A question that had been raised by one of my fellow sorcerers (forgive me for not mentioning the name) had made me thinking as to who would accompany Harry in sealing the fate of Lord Voldemort. Possibly Ron and Hermione would accompany Harry but the snitch maker believes that they are too young to understand magic that had even the world’s greatest wizard- Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore in a fix. Harry says that he will not tell the secret to anyone but it would be foolish to do so. Assuming he speaks the information who would be the ‘Wanderer’? My potion had to be brewed for two full moon nights under simmered flame and carefully stirred to think of some capable wizards who have the M-factor in them.

1. Professor Minerva McGonall
In the end of HBP, Harry refuses to divulge the information to her but he might turn otherwise, now Headmistress of the prestigious school of Hogwarts, she might have taken over the reigns of Dumbledore. Will she be the ‘Wanderer’?. I believe not. She is facing the same problem that led to old D’s demise-old age. Four stunning hexes and she was down for longer than a month in St. Mungo’s. She is perhaps, also not capable of performing the task due to her lack of Dark Arts knowledge.She is certainly off my list.

2. Remus. J. Lupin
A sound knowledge of Dark Arts is his greatest strength. He is one of those people who would spend their life dedicated to a task. He went to live with the werewolves for the sake of humanity. But my friends, here we have touched upon his problem, he is a werewolf. He was partially responsible for the return of Voldemort coz he led to the fleeing of Voldemort. So if he becomes the ‘Wanderer’, we all pray that they don’t set to track the Horcrux at a full moon night! I give him the yellow signal

3- Horace Slughurn
The NEW Potions master, he is a man of abnormally large talent. Though, he prefers to take the back seat. Contacts at the ministry, related to famous people,he is surely an asset if he becomes on of the Order. Will he be the Wanderer? I believe not. He was stupefied when he saw old D’s death. He may volunteer not to go himself since he ‘has never been that brave’. We can count him off as well

4-Alastor Mad Eye Moody
Ex-Auror, the best Ministry’s ever had. Agreat friend of Dumbledore, this wizard has dedicated all his life to fighting Dark Wizards. The Ministry has always ignored him but as they say “The grass is graener on the other side”
But the Order have found him very handy. He was one of the advance guards that came to take Harry and has been entrusted with the top tasks. In my opinion, he should assume the role of the Wanderer and accompany Harry on this dark and dangerous voyage.
I have tried to summarize the witches and wizards that have struck me. More names are welcomed from all.

5 comments:

Varun Goel said...

My friend the Snitch-inventor!

A well thought and well brewed potion, though I must how did you get the name 'wanderer' for HArry's companion.
While giving opinion about Mcgonagall, you said that'She is facing the same problem that led to old D’s demise-old age'. My friend, old D did not die bevause of old age, and I believe that it was the sinister potion that blurred his senses. in the previous year only, he had beaten down three aurors and the Minister if MAgic himself, singlehandedly!

Well, you mentioned worthy contestants for the job of Wanderer but I think a few names like the towering Kingsley Shacklebolt, the effervescent Tonks, and the dudes Charlie and Bill Weasley (they fought the chaos at the world cup) should also be in the list, as they have shown their skills and loyalty at one point or another.

Also, one more final & intriguing question- Do you really believe that Harry, even if accompanied by the 'wanderer', can destroy big V's horcruxes(one horcrux loomed over the whole second book, and the another took old D's hand) and battle him & his death eaters in a duel?

Can harry, even if helped by two 'wanderers' from the extended list, seal the fate of Lord Voldemort, now the most powerful & dark sorcerer alive?

Bowman the Replenisher said...

Friend Andros,
Your contradiction of the point of old age is indigestible. Facing Ministry and Voldy are two entirely different things.
Kingsley Shacklebolt is an auror and he has to dedicate time to the ministry. The same holds for Tonks and I don't think that Lupin would let her go alone.
Charlie and Bill are too inexperienced and I doubt if Molly would let them go.

I believe that Voldemort is Immortal. What I had tried was to name a few persons who would be able to help the 'Chosen One'

When you say that Voldy is now the most powerful, this means , do you believe old D to be dead???

Varun Goel said...

Bowman my fellow sorcerer,

Your contradictions to my contradictions, though well thought, are very amusing.

Kingsley Shacklebolt is an auror and he won't get time?? Correct me, but didn't you yourself put the name of Proffesor Mcgonagall in the list? She is the teacher and most probably headmistress of Hogwarts!!
Do you think she will have loads of time up on her sleeve? She will have a school to run, after all. And the reason you ruled her out was old age, not lack of time.
If your argument holds, then only unemployed and free people can go with Harry. Even Lupin has the job to infiltrate the werewolf network!

Regarding the fact that you say that APWBD was defeated bcos of old age, a statement which, forgive me, is quite disgusting. Let me say the lines I quoted earlier also...

Old D says to Harry at the beginning of Chapter 'Horace Slughorn', that Harry will not need to use his wand tonight, because Harry is with Dumbledore. Will they be attacked by ministry officials at 11:45 pm? It was such a late time and death eaters were at large, yet so much confidence. Do you think 10 months could have so much effect on such a great wizard that he would be called weak??

Regarding Bill and Charlie, it is shown that they are quite grown up now. What does Charlie do? He tames Dragons my friend. I know the difference between Dragons and death eaters, but it still cannot be called an easy job, isn't it.

Bill is a grown up (soon to be married) member of the Order and do you think he would have taken the permission of Molly before going to Hogwarts and fighting in HBP. He is quite a good wizard, and now must be bubbling with revenge for Greyback and the death eaters.

Also, if big V is immortal, there is no point in having the seventh book written. Pls understand that he is near-immortal, and can still be vanquished.

Now the most intriguing question- you taunt my statement by questioning whether I believe Dumbledore is dead or not. My fellow Sorcerer, let me re-quote your lines...
"She is facing the same problem that led to old D’s demise-old age". Now it is you who uses the word demise, which means death??!!

Magically Yours,

Andros the Invincible
Patronus Lord and Scourge of the Dementors

Bowman the Replenisher said...

Andros,
Though you have contradicted my points very well. I have a few more things to say.

I beleive that Lupin is wasting his time on werevolves since he himself agrees that it is difficult to persuade them with Greyback around. Greyback should be finished before trying to make a point to werewolves.

When I used the word weak, I should have used the word weaker because a wizard like him can never be weak even without a wand!!

Kingsley Shacklebolt is nowadays busy while trying to save the Muggle Minister's life.

My Friend,
Where in the world you tell me, you are going to search for 4 hocruxes when it took old D 4 years to track only 2 that too with knowledge and powers like his.(He had been working on the hocrux theory ever since Book 2)

I should have used the word 'supposed' along with demise as I have used in my potions brewed before.

Magically Yours
The Snitch Maker

Varun Goel said...

Fellow Sorcerer Bowman,

Once again, let me quote your words:
"Where in the world you tell me, you are going to search for 4 hocruxes when it took old D 4 years to track only 2 that too with knowledge and powers like his"

Hence, you say that it is near impossible to track down Voldemort's horruxes. Therefore HArry and the 'wanderer' will just be trying in vain to vanquish Voldemort. This implies that the wanderer is useless.
Forgive me, but it means that there is no need for any wanderer and hence this theory has no point.

Keep the cauldorin simmering,

Yours tremendously,

The Patronus Lord